Fricmart Brake Mixtures are composed of homogeneous blend of 646-588 15 – 20 different ingredients and each ingredient performs special role. There are various reasons for using ingredients of Organic and In-Organic origin under broad groups such as oxides, silicates, phosphates, sulfides, anti-oxidants, alkaline-earth materials ,friction modifiers, solid lubricants , metal powders ,modified I , II stage phenolics, cardanols, elastomers etc. for various end properties viz;
- Designed Coefficient of friction / torque.
- Stability of friction coefficient under various operating condition viz; speed, load and environment ( hot, humid and wet )
- Designed mechanical strength with resistance to heat.
- Durability of Lining / Pad as well as the mating surface – Rotor / Drum
- NVH factors – Free from Noise ,Vibration, Harshness and Dusting.
A very important aspect of Friction Material technology involves compounding of various ingredients in suitable ratio by homogenizing in specialized mixer to achieve above properties. Manufacturing technology is another area of great importance as the process parameters ( like molding Temperature, Pressure , Time etc. ) play vital role in determining above properties.
Traditionally friction materials are developed to meet friction and wear behavior only. NVH characteristics were resolved on a later stage. Mostly the methods / tools used were empirical. Whereas latest developments are focused thru. application chemistry integrating the Noise & Comfort at the very beginning of development using sophisticated equipments .
Development and manufacturing technologies that Fricmart refined over the years thru. latest approach including DOEs , FMEA and various QM Techniques , Scientific Tools allowed Fricmart to provide Brake Mixtures that consistently offer the best in both performance and durability.
PROCESS FLOW CHART – Brake Mixture
FRICMART’S RANGE OF BRAKE MIXTURES
Fricmart Brake Mixtures are taylor made to suit different vehicle category viz; Motor Cycles , Racing , Passenger cars , Pick-Ups / SUVs , Bus/ Mini-Bus, Commercial Vehicles etc. Fricmart offers special receipe for Ghat Driving for smoke less braking Fricmart Mixtures are ready to mold and added with preservatives / ani caking agnets etc. to prolong the shelf life. Packaged in water / moisture proof lined HDPE bags and each bag can be used alone or mixed with each other.
General Shelf life of the mixture is about 3 months from the date of shipping. We recommend to store the mixture as soon as recpt. Of the same below 35 deg. C
The expected shelf life will be more if stored below 25 deg. C Use gloves / safety goggles while handling the mixture . Also use approved respirator.
Refer MSDS supplied along with the mixture for more information. TYPICAL FRICTION & WEAR TEST GRAPHS AND PRODUCT DATA SHEETS WILL BE PROVIDED ON REQUEST.
- Fricmart’s 4th Generation Formula Technology is based on the mechanism known as T3B – Tribological 3rd Body
- The formation of Micro structural Transfer Film or Friction Layer on the interface of friction partners (i.e. Brake pad and Rotor) is known as Tribological 3rd Body ( T3B).
- T3B is chemically a Solid-Fluid mixture formed during translation of Kinetic Energy due to combined effect of Thermo-chemical & Plastic Deformation of friction partners.
- The micro mechanical structure and properties of T3B plays important role in identifying squeal and judder due to the phenomenon called `stick-slip’.
- Fricmart achieved this by using unique speciality Additive PG-902®
Fricmart’s Additive PG-902 is made in-house with unique blend of Polarized Graphite that not only posses good Lubricity but also exhibits extremely good load bearing ability and Anti Wear performance.
Unlike conventional additives, PG-902 additive releases Electrically charged Micro Flakes with alternating +’ve and ─’ve charges to form a continuous micro film /layer across the rotor/drum surface during `wearing-in’.
This Micro Film of `like molecules’ acts as physical separation between opposing surfaces ie. Brake pad & Rotor, protects the braking path from any damage and maintains consistent friction till last residual layer of Lining.
There is neither a Sulfur effect ( due to stress corrosion ) nor Reaction products’ effect ( formation of hard matrix ) when Additive PG-902 plays the Major role as Tribological 3rd Body (T3B).
Fricmart’s POLAR GRAPHITE ADDITIVE PG-902
- Helps in building special formation of `T3B’ layer, a Protective Thin Transfer Film, Micro structurally tough with excellent adhesion to the metal surface.
- Builds strong and durable “Cohesive Bonds” due to excellent `Visco- Elastic’ property.
Illustration of Tribological 3rd Body (T3B)
Significance of ‘T3B’
- Because of long life of Transfer film, no new layer need to be formed very often from the friction composite. This resulted in `low wear’ of Pad / Lining.
- Excellent `adhesion’ of Transfer film to the mating surface contributes to less wear of mating surface and thus protects rotor /drum against deformity resulting from heat spots ,scoring , warping , ovality etc.
- Stabilizes friction because of `common origin’ and `like molecules’ between transfer layer & friction partners thus minimizes variation between Static and Dynamic coeff. of friction – µ to minimize `Stick- Slip’.( however a thick patch of transfer film is NOT preferable as it may cause judder )
- The quality of friction layer and transfer layer is responsible for stable friction, braking comfort (NVH ) and wear life of friction partners.
Brake Drum after ‘SAE J-661′ Friction & Wear Test